Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Creativity Might Be the First Sign of Battiness

We've been home a lot lately. With millions of viruses circulating throughout the snotty-nosed set, chilly weather, and a rigorous home chemotherapy schedule, we just haven't been able to get out much. "The Hermitage", as Big Pink is now known, is a large comfy house, to be sure, but even the most palatial of homes can feel like a mouse house when you spend too much time in it.

So we've found creative outlets for ourselves. I have been amusing myself with paint.net. Here is my latest creation, a poorly executed but wickedly funny rendering of Jamie as Gunther, Swedish Pop Sensation...


Oooohhhh....You Touch My Tra La La...

Gunther is a real person. I swear. You can find him here. Go ahead, live a little!

Amelia has discovered the instantaneous enjoyment of digital photography. More often than not, when I go to upload photos from my memory card, there are 560 self-portaits of her, taken from every angle and wearing every expression possible. Here are some of the gems I had the pleasure of bogging down my computer with today...



Beware. This one is the most normal...



I'm reminded of the food art of Saxton Freymann...



See what I mean?
(Pumpkin by Saxton Freymann)

And the pièce de résistance...


So how in hell did she manage to take a photo of herself without hands??

Clearly dark forces are at work. INXS*, anyone?

I now open the floor to your theories...



*Of the song "Devil Inside", for the unfortunate uncultured out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment