Friday, November 20, 2009

The Pharmaceutical Farmer's Market

Though this is hardly breaking news to the majority of my followers (being natives of Southeast Ohio as I am) the farmer's market in Athens, Ohio is fantastic. Let me say it once again. Fan.Tast.Ic. It’s big, it’s well-known, it’s well-supported by the community, and it ought to be a model for other small-town farmer’s markets around the country.

I just so happened to add my rain-slickered profile to their blog, athensfarmersmarket.blogspot.com. The recipes are lovely (I shall soon add the Butternut Squash Soup recipe to my collection, though I think I'll pay homage to my misspent-swimming-hole youth by replacing the Tecate with Honey Brown), the pictures are homey, and all-in-all, it's an impressive agricultural blog.

As many of you know, I suffer from acute pangs of homesickness, particularly since Amelia was diagnosed (thus certifying my tumultuous marriage to Maine), but always when the sheep's clothing of sunny woodlands and granite beaches falls to the bedroom floor and Maine's reviled winter darkness is revealed.

It is my hope that this little dose of year-round, home market, e-prozac will boost my spirits when the sky looks like wet toilet paper and the world outside my window is devoid of life and color. Yes! Culinary inspiration and a tie to home, all packaged within a sensible, easy-to-read template.

Just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment